Friday, May 7, 2010

Literary Illustration

Description of Assignment: The point of this assignment was to create an illustration to go along with a passage in a book. It was to relate to the passage and also compliment it in the book. We did not have one specific style we were to use, such as distortion, abstraction, realism, or simplification. However, the style was to be relevant and appropriate to fit the mood of the piece and the book.

My Design Solution: I chose to do realism as my style because I feel that is what I am best at as of right now. I did a selection for the book titled Wednesday Letters. The main theme of the book is how a husband and wife write letters to each other every Wednesday that they were married. The letters then, after they passed away, are read by their children and the stories of their lives are told. If I were to redo this piece, I would change the color of the nail polish on the hand, add more detail to the book the notebook is resting on, and possibly add some writing to the notebook. I was happy to see how my hand turned out with the fingers and the shading of the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment