Friday, May 7, 2010

Clucks & Moos Website Homepage Design


Description of Assignment: For this assignment, we were to design a homepage of an educational website particularly aimed for children ages 3-7. We were given the title Clucks & Moos by our professor and the site was to be all about animals. The only things we needed to include was the title of the site and the different names of the pages we could navigate to.

My Design Solution: I like a simple style. I feel as though my design is easy to read and easy to understand how to navigate to and from different pages of the website. My vision for the site is that when you click on the animal head, it would do some type of motion and then direct you to the page the text above says. At first, I had a scaled-down version of the barn and animals in the lower left-hand corner. My purpose for that was for when one was on a different page, that would always be there to navigate where you wanted to go next. I figured, then, that it wasn't really necessary to have on the home page. I also purposefully chose more subtle colors, rather than the normal bright reds, blues, and greens most things designed for children have. Again, like I said, this is a simple concept designed to be easily understood by young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment